Terms and Conditions
Please read out terms and conditions carefully in order to avoid misunderstandings. Your continued use of this website will be interpreted as your consent to these terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions for the Use of the Website
1. Ownership and Use
- This Internet website (“website”) belongs to and is solely owned by Luhambo Tours cc (“Luhambo Tours”). By visiting and interacting with this website you agree to be bound by and to adhere to the terms and conditions set out below.
- Luhambo Tours reserves the right to amend, modify or replace these terms and conditions from time to time.
- Luhambo Tours grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website.
- This license does not permit you to and you may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, translate, distribute, sell, resell, modify, publicly perform, prepare derivative works based on, report or otherwise use the content of this website, or any portion thereof, for any public or commercial purpose, without the prior, written consent of Luhambo Tours.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
- The content of this website, including but not limited to all text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software hyperlinks, designs and agreements, and all the intellectual property embodied therein, including but not limited to copyright and trademarks, are the property of, or are licensed to Luhambo Tours.
- Copyright is protected under treaty provisions and worldwide copyright laws. Any unauthorised use of Luhambo Tours’ copyright or trademarks may result in you violating copyright and trademark laws and make you liable to civil and criminal prosecution.
- The trademarks and logos that you may see on this website are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Luhambo Tours or are licenced to Luhambo Tours by third parties. Nothing contained on this website should be interpreted as granting by implication, estoppal or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this website. Such license or right of use may only be obtained, in writing, from Luhambo Tours or the third party who owns the relevant trademark.
3. Hyperlinks, Framing, Meta tags
- The inclusion of any link on Luhambo Tours’ website to another website does not imply endorsement by Luhambo Tours of the website or any services or products offered on the linked website.
- You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose this website or any page on this website in any way whatsoever, nor may you frame any trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including but not limited to image, text, page layout or form.
- You may not use meta tags or any other “hidden text” using Luhambo Tours’ name or trademarks.
- Luhambo Tours reserves the right to monitor your use of its website, to which monitoring you hereby consent.
- This website is provided by Luhambo Tours “as is” and Luhambo Tours makes no representations or warranties of any nature, express or implied, as to the operation of this website or the information, content, materials or products included on this website. The use of this website is entirely at your own risk.
- Luhambo Tours does not warrant that the content available from this website is truthful, reliable, free from errors or omissions or that the service will be remain continuously uninterrupted.
- Luhambo Tours does not warrant that this website, its server(s) or any electronic mail sent from this website are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- To the full extent permissible by Law, Luhambo Tours disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Save as provided for in subparagraphs 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act number 25 of 2002, neither Luhambo Tours nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage or loss of any nature, including but not limited to direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use this website or any reliance placed on the content of this website or any website which is linked by means of a hyperlink to Luhambo Tours’ website.
6. Governing law
- This website is controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa. This agreement shall therefore be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law.
- You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa in respect any disputes arising out of or in connection with your use of this website or in respect of these terms and conditions.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Tour booking
Tours can only be booked with the Luhambo Tours booking form or by e-mail confirmation. Your signature on the booking form/confirmation e-mail confirms your acceptance of these terms and conditions as a binding contract between Luhambo Tours and yourself, the participant. Luhambo Tours cannot accept any tour participant without a duly signed booking form or a written booking confirmation by e-mail.
For all tours longer than one day and any group bookings:
At the time of booking a deposit of 50% of the total tour price is required. This deposit secures your place on the tour. The balance is due 15 days before the tour starts. If the total balance is not received 15 days before the tour starts, Luhambo Tours reserves the right to cancel your reservation and retain your deposit. Bookings received less than 15 days prior to start of the tour (should places be available) must be paid in full. Should a customer fail to join a booked tour, he/she will be charged 100% of the rate.
For day tours (except group bookings):
At the time of booking a deposit is not required. Payment can be done upfront or on the day of the tour. Should a customer fail to join a booked tour, he/she will be charged 100% of the rate.
3. Cancellation procedure
For all tours longer than one day and any group bookings:
Cancellation of any booking must be received in writing and acknowledged by Luhambo Tours. If the cancellation is received 15 days or less prior to the departure date, the full deposit shall be forfeited. If the participant fails to join a tour or joins it after departure, or leaves it prior to its completion, no reimbursement will be made.
For day tours (except group bookings):
Cancellation of any booking must be received in writing and acknowledged by Luhambo Tours. If the cancellation is received 7 days or less prior to the departure date, Luhambo Tours will charge 50% of the rate. If the participant fails to join a tour or joins it after departure, or leaves it prior to its completion, no reimbursement will be made.
Please note: Travel and cancellation insurance is highly recommended for all clients. The onus is on the client to arrange this travel insurance at the time of booking.
4. Tour cancellation by Luhambo Tours
Should a tour for unforeseen circumstances be cancelled by Luhambo Tours, we will either refund full payment or offer an alternative tour. This refund only refers to bookings made through Luhambo Tours in South Africa.
If Luhambo Tours has to curtail a tour after departure for any pertinent reason, i.e. wars, strikes, severe weather conditions or acts of God, then Luhambo Tours will not be held liable for any form of refund.
Please note there is a set minimum number of participants on a tour. We reserve the right to cancel a tour if this number is not reached, however we endevour to start all tours booked.
5. Authority and exclusion from tour
Luhambo Tours takes no responsibility for the actions of participants who commit any unlawful acts in South Africa. Luhambo Tours reserves the right to exclude any client from the tour, if their behaviour warrants it.
Baggage insurance is recommended as Luhambo Tours can assumes no responsibility for loss, damage or delay in delivering baggage to tour participants. Baggage turned over to Luhambo Tours for transport each day is done so at participant's own risk.
The client should familiarise him/herself with the tour itinerary and confirm that they are medically fit to undertake the tour. Any participant with a known medical illness or condition must reveal this fact at the time of booking, and make the necessary arrangements for the provision of any drugs or treatments that may be needed during the tour. Such clients will be required to provide a medical certificate from his or her doctor to confirm that they are physically fit to travel. Luhambo Tours will hold this information in the strictest of confidence.
It is necessary to have a comprehensive medical insurance for this trip.
For South Africa, there are no inoculation requirements. The Western Cape is malaria free; however, certain areas in South Africa and its neighbouring countries are classified as malaria risk areas and malaria prophylaxis is highly recommended. For more information and suitable medication please contact your local tropical institute.
9. Travel documentation
It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that he/she is in possession of a valid passport, visas and all relevant travel documentation needed for South Africa and any other country visited on the tour. Should a client be denied entry into South Africa or another country that is part of the itinerary for any reason or due to incorrect documentation, Luhambo Tours will not be held responsible for any costs and delays that may occur.
The passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of departure.
Luhambo Tours is responsible for providing the services listed in the tour description according to the local standards and the accurate description of services offered in its literature. Although Luhambo Tours carefully selects and constantly checks its contractors, such as hotels, transport and restaurants; it cannot be held responsible for any deficiencies of services offered by local companies. Luhambo Tours is not responsible or liable for any personal accidents. Luhambo Tours reserves the right without prior notice to change any particulars of the tour.
11. Applicable Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. The Customer irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of Cape Town, South Africa.Luhambo Tours cc, PO Box 551742, Sunset Beach, Milnerton, 7435, South Africa